Friday, December 12, 2008

Finish Line

If you also follow my daughter's blog, you will know that this weekend she runs her first 1/2 marathon at White Rock Lake - Run The Rock. Jeremy is running as well. However, Jeremy's training has not been as intense as Mandi's. Actually, Jeremy has had a couple of really BAD experiences during his practice runs that really stunk! That is his story and if he wants to tell it he can.

Mandi has been training for a while. When she first told me she was taking up running I thought it would be a passing thing. I mean, how could she possibly do that with a home of 3 children, all just barely 2 years apart. Well, she managed, in between laundry, cooking, homeschooling, diapers, not to mention the husband, church leadership, and so on.

I am so proud of her. James and I will be at the finish line with her three precious children -- all of us dressed in blue "TEAM ______ " shirts (last name protected). I am proud of her for many reasons. She now knows that she IS a finisher, not a quitter. She is in awesome shape and she looks wonderful -- never better. In fact, if people from her Junior High and High Schools years saw her, they would probably not believe their eyes. All of that is great but what I am most proud of is how she has changed spiritually. I would imagine each part of her training took a lot of prayer. Her prayer time of asking turned into prayer time of listening. God spoke to her heart and to her spirit so many times. She has shared with me how she would end her run with sobs of joy over what God had spoken into her spirit.

We are all running a race. Heaven is our finish line. I can't wait to see the face of Jesus when I cross that line and hear all of Heaven applauding my entrance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my sweet friend! You wrote this so beautifully. Your love for daughter is made so wonderfully clear. I love you and look forward to hearing the results of the race!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.