Thursday, January 8, 2009

Officially Lost All My Marbles

As most of you know, in August I began Weight Watchers. I began with determination that "this TIME I'm going to DO IT". My best inspiration was my friend, Lory, who has lost 50+ lbs and is not needing to lose another ounce. (Ounces count.)

Lory did this cool thing. She had two jars. She started out with what her goal was -- that many marbles in one jar and as she lost lbs she would transfer a marble to the other jar. I liked her idea and I thought it would be fun. I went to the dollar section at Target (sometimes I never make it past that section). I found plastic martini glasses. I bought a purple one (my favorite color) and a green one (I love the two together). I had already started my weight by then so I put the marbles for the ones I need to lose in the green martini glass. I put the marbles representing the ones I HAD lost already in the purple one (my favorite color and martini glass).

As of yesterday, the green martini glass is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! James was out of town and I sent him a text for him on his way home from the airport. I told him I had a surprise for him when he got home. I wrapped up the green martini glass and put it in a gift bag for him. He is my biggest fan. He has been a big supporter (pardon the pun) and is always cheering me on. He told me once that he would love me even if I weighed 350 lbs but he would probably not take me anywhere. :) He is soooo funny!

By the way, the martini glasses have no significance other than they were $1 each and they happened to be colors I like.

So, I have officially lost all my marbles!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! You loser you! LOL Like your marble idea! Might have to try that myself.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I started a weight loss/healthy kick about two years ago. I lost 35 lbs and have kept it off.(I went from a 14 to an 8)I really wanted to lose a little more but the wrinkles started showing up in my face and that is when I said enough! I started a work out program that consisted mostly of walking. Renford and I started working out at the gym but I stopped that because I liked walking best. I get my Ipod and take off. He has continued the work outs on a regular basis. He has lost 20 lbs and gone from a 36 waist to a 34.

Anonymous said...

normally I do not "hang" with people who brag about losing ALL their marbles...but I will make an exception for this one. CONGRATULATIONS GIRL--YOU ROCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Be proud of the perseverance and discipline it took to get you here to goal. I am proud of you...it is not an easy thing to do.

Kathy said...

I knew you when I thought you had no marbles to begin with....just kidding. I know the feeling and that is a great one isn't it??? Hope to see you soon. Love you.

Karen said...

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and even your sarcasm. :) I'm a Princess -- I'm not supposed to have any marbles. I have people to think for me!