Thursday, June 4, 2009

Let Me Sing To You

Now that I use Face Book, I have noticed that people get up very early and begin posting. It is so interesting how many times I see these words, "I can't sleep" or "I couldn't sleep" or "I want to be asleep but I'm awake ---everyone else is asleep". We have all gone through times of restlessness and times when sleep just will not come. If sleeps comes, it does not stay long. After a few days of this, we begin to feel run down. Our bodies and our brains need sleep.

I believe (and you probably do as well) God wakes us up for a reason. This scripture comes to mind this morning as I am awake and have been for hours.

It is good to praise the Lord and make music to Your name, O Most High, to proclaim Your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night. Psalm 92:1&2 (NIV)

So, when we wake up and we do not want to be awake, just maybe the Lord would like us to sing and praise His name. You do not have to sing so loud that you wake others in your household. (Some cannot sing and only God would enjoy it anyway.)

Lord, I pray that You speak to me in my sleep. Give me dreams and visions of You and Your plan for my day, for my life. Teach me Your ways, O Lord, that I may walk in them. As You are a light for my path, let me be a light for those who are in my realm of influence. When I awake, let Your Word be fresh and let it speak to me. Renew me. Refresh me. Restore me. Show me resources I thought to be barren. Daily give me fresh oil of Your anointing in my life. Let there be a song of praise always on my lips and forever in my heart. I give You praise not for what You have done but for WHO You are. You are the lifter of my head and the lover of my soul. You bless me going in and going out. You have made me above only and not beneath. You bless me daily with provision and health. My seed is blessed because You have promised the blessing. You are not a man that You should lie -- Your Word is yes, and amen. I am blessed of You and I am highly favored. Your Word teaches me that even man shall give unto me and that it will be in good measure, pressed down and shaken together. I receive Your blessing so that I may bless others. Lord, I thank You that I lay down, sleep AND awake, because YOU sustain me. You are a Shield for me. You are the glory and the lifter of my head. Your name is a strong tower that I can run into and be safe. Thank You, Lord, for awaking me today with a song of praise for You. Lord, let me sing to You. Amen