Friday, February 27, 2009

It's A New Season

I look back and know that all my life I have gone through seasons. Some seasons are just a "breeze". You go right through it and all is well. Other seasons -- well, not so much.

I have been in a season in my life (since Christmas) that has been very difficult for me. I had shoulder surgery that I was dreading. It turned out great but the anticipation of it was hard for me. God has been with me through this season. It was a season of spiritual warfare as I have never had. It was a season of standing down when I wanted to stand up. It was a season of saying, "OK, God, I get it. You want me to take my hands off of it, so YOU can put Your hands, Your touch, Your healing, on it.


I am thankful that I do have a teachable spirit. I do listen to the voice of God and I KNOW the voice of God when I hear it. This season, He spoke so clearly to me that I need to STAND DOWN. Standing down to me means that I've done all I know to do. I armed for battle and I am waiting for my Commander to sound the alarm. It did not happen when I wanted to and it did not happen anything like I thought it would.


But, now, it is a new season. I've written about this song before but I believe we can all relate to it.



IT'S A NEW SEASON

IT'S A NEW DAY

A FRESH ANOINTING IS FLOWING MY WAY

A SEASON OF POWER AND PROSPERITY

IT'S A NEW SEASON COMING TO ME



Right before Christmas, a precious lady called the salon and asked for me. When I came to the phone she identified herself and she began to tell me how she had been praying that morning and my face came to her and she began to pray for me. I had met this woman and seen her but we had never had conversations about anything in particular. It was a casual relationship. So, I thought it was neat that God had laid me on her heart to pray for me and when she told me what God spoke to her, I was just amazed. She told me that God told her to tell me to get ready because He is about to bless me in a way I cannot imagine. I told her I received it and I would give her a good report.



I called James and told him. He said, "Baby, it may not be monetary." I said, "I know, I hope it's about my . . . . . . . " (very personal). He agreed with me and we began praying for that very thing.



It was my birthday yesterday and I received the best birthday present of all. An amazing prayer was answered and it was SO God. It was exactly what I felt like my blessing was going to be. I no longer have to STAND DOWN and I do not even have to go into battle. God fought the battle for me. It is done. I shall always hold my Sword but I know He goes before me and makes clear the way for me. I am armed at all times but even soldiers get weary and their weapons weigh them down.



I shared this not too long ago in my blog, LET GOD BE GOD, from Habakkuk 3. See, even when there are no sheep in the field, no cattle in the stalls, no fruit on the trees, and no grapes on the vine -- HE IS STILL GOD and He is worthy of all my praise.

Lord, I thank You , for a new season. I thank You that You hear every prayer and You answer in Your time and in Your way. I give You all the glory and all the praise. I know You are in control. I know You are not finished with THIS blessing -- this is a blessing that will render a bumper crop because it has only begun. I love You, Lord, with all my heart. Amen


It's a new season. I'm dressed for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's exhilarating! I rejoice with you! God is so good and so FAITHFUL! Rudy and I have an awesome testimony to God's goodness and I'll/we'll share it with you and James in due time. God is good ALL THE TIME. Keep your hands and heart open and no telling WHAT God still has in store for you. God has truly proved to us over the past 18 mths-2 yrs. that you truly CANNOT out give God. Love ya and enjoy your blog.

Blessings,
Wanda

Anonymous said...

I rejoice with you! I pray it is something we discussed last Saturday! God is good. Sometimes the darkest day is just before the dawn.
Love you,
Lana